Replacement of gauges of a detonation is necessary for spending on the cold engine.
The engine can be damaged as a result of a detonation arising at combustion of a fuel mix. The high degrees of compression improving fuel profitability of the engine and change of quality of used fuel, increase propensity of the engine to a detonation, i.e. explosive combustion of a fuel mix in engine cylinders. The detonation gauge reacts to high-frequency fluctuations of the block of cylinders and transforms them to the electric signals which size increases at detonation increase. On the basis of these signals the engine management block displaces the moment of ignition towards delay, during certain number of steps then gradually returns in initial position. The detonation gauge is located on the back party of the block of cylinders, is direct under a block head.
Replacement of gauges of a detonation spend as follows:
– Switch off ignition and disconnect a wire of "weight" from the storage battery;
– Merge cooling liquid from cooling system;
– On models till 2001 and on all-wheel drive models remove an inlet collector;
– On front-wheel models till 2001 lift a forward part of the car and fix on support;
Fig. 7.19. The detonation gauge on models till 2001: 1 – an electric socket; 2 – the detonation gauge
Fig. 7.20. The detonation gauge on models since 2001: 1 – an electric socket; 2 – the detonation gauge
– Disconnect an electric socket, turn out and remove the detonation gauge (fig. 7.19
At installation of the gauge of a detonation put on its carving a hermetic layer.
Screw the gauge and tighten its moment 44 Nm.
The carving of the new gauge is already covered by hermetic.
The further installation make in sequence, return to removal. After gauge installation fill in cooling liquid in cooling system.