Lifting of the car by a jack make as follows:
– Establish the car on an equal horizontal platform with a firm covering;
– Tighten a lay brake and include 1st transfer on cars with a mechanical transmission or establish the selector lever in a position Р on cars with an automatic transmission;
– From outside, opposite lifted, block a wheel an emphasis;
Fig. 1.37. Points of installation of a jack at car lifting
– Get a jack from under the right forward seat and establish it so that its pillow was under one of following points (fig. 1.37
1. At replacement of a forward wheel — back fastening of the lever of a forward suspension bracket.
2. At replacement of a back wheel — the lever of a back suspension bracket;
Be convinced of correctness of installation of a jack, otherwise it is possible to damage the car.
Do not work under the car if it is supported only by a jack.
Do not lift the car with passengers.
– Rotating the jack handle, lift the car.
If the car rises for wheel replacement, lift it only on height, sufficient for wheel removal;
– After end of all works remove a jack;
– Before a start of motion be convinced that all tools and a jack are laid on a place and reliably fixed for an exception of traumas in case of collision and at sharp braking.
For an exception of damage of the bottom and car falling, establish lift support only in the recommended places.
Do not start the engine and do not include transfer on the lifted car if at least one wheel of the car is on the earth.
Do not lift the car for the oil pallet, a transmission and forward or back axes as thus the car can be damaged.